Saturday, January 5, 2008

Delhi - My first destination

Hi. As I've promised, I'm uploading my tour photos one by one. The place which I visited first is the national capital Delhi. It had several beautiful places. One of the finest is Indira Gandhi Memorial. This is the place where she was shot dead by her own guards. The entire house was converted to a museum that depicts various awards and accords that she received. It includes british royal medals, letters from Mahatma Gandhi himself, a diamond studded sword, etc. The house also had pictures and fond memories of late Rajiv Gandhi. It shows the computer used by Rajiv, his dresses, several electronics components assembled by him, letters written by him to Ms.Indira, etc. There is also a great library which has the books read by Gandhi family. Nation has lost several great leaders, you will definitely feel that when you leave this place. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

No comments: